[gmx-users] solvent_protein interaction energy

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Jul 1 15:17:36 CEST 2011

balaji nagarajan wrote:

> Thanks for the reply !
>
> I have tried building the topology with  generating the index file
>
> make_ndx  -f  *
>
> it gave options i have selected the protein and the solvent

An index file is unnecessary for default groups.

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Terminology/Default_Index_Groups

> then i gave minimization
>
> in the minimization file i have included
>
> energygrps = Protein SOL ,
>

> but the energy file have the same when i removed and inserted the above
> flag !
>
> if any one can explain me in detail it will be helpfull

EM is a poor choice for testing; not all options designed to work with MD
integrators are incorporated in simple EM procedures, although I do not see why
(in this case) it shouldn't work.  A better test is a zero-step MD run (md
integrator).  Note that not all terms are decomposable pairwise, just
short-range nonbonded terms.

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar