[gmx-users] minimization_error

balaji nagarajan balaji_sethu at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 5 12:02:54 CEST 2011

Dear Users !

I have a doubt in minimizing the structure with water box !

I have taken a penta peptide and solvated it with spce water box !

I have minimized the system with the minim.mdp file which i have attached ! ( i have used steep option )

when I calculated the protein- protein and protein-solvent interaction energy

the protein-protein energy have not fall down much !

and i tried with various options in the mdp options " emtol "

(how to know that the system is entirely minimized ! what is the criteria to be fixed on regarding a
small peptide )

when i have the option 6 of the file ( Coulomb-14 ) for the first step and the last step !

Statistics over 1 steps [ 0.0000 through 0.0000 ps ], 1 data sets
All statistics are over 1 points

Energy                      Average   Err.Est.       RMSD  Tot-Drift
Coulomb-14                  908.433         --          0          0  (kJ/mol)

Statistics over 1000 steps [ 0.0000 through 999.0000 ps ], 1 data sets
All statistics are over 2 points

Energy                      Average   Err.Est.       RMSD  Tot-Drift
Coulomb-14                    892.2        2.3        nan   -16.4675  (kJ/mol)

I have attached all the files below !

the script  "test-script.sh " is to run all which i have done !

thanks in advance