[gmx-users] Gromacs compilation on AMD multicore

Szilárd Páll szilard.pall at cbr.su.se
Wed Jul 6 03:33:22 CEST 2011

Additionally, if you care about a few percent extra performance, you
should use gcc 4.5 or 4.6 for compiling Gromacs as well as FFTW
(unless you have a bleeding-edge OS which was built with any of these
latest gcc versions). While you might not see a lot of improvement in
mdrun performance (wrt gcc >v4.5), as far as I remember, FFTW gets
slightly more boost form the new gcc versions.

I can't comment on other compilers, I haven't tried to run binaries
compiled with Intel Compiler on AMD lately.

--
Szilárd