[gmx-users] Re: Hexamer problem

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Jul 6 16:01:01 CEST 2011

errabah fatima ezzahra wrote:
> Hi All;
>
>  I did run simulation for 6 proteins for 200ns and the protein is just
> 18 residue each (have 6 of them)  so 108 residues. i did run the
> simulation in constant pressure then with Temperature 650K (for 20 ns)
> to make sure that are separate and then run the simulation of the
> proteins with 300K Temperature for 200ns. I am supposed to get a hexamer
> but still giving me two trimers that are perpendicular to each other.
> does any body have an idea why this is happening?/

Are you sure you have trimers, or do you have a hexamer that is split across a
periodic boundary, making it appear as if you have two trimers?

Also realize that (1) a single trajectory cannot be consider conclusive and (2)
200 ns is still "short" by in vitro/in vivo standards.  Again, I have no clue
what time frame you should expect, but it is an important caveat.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar