[gmx-users] Re: Hexamer problem/ The N and C termini of peptides

errabah fatima ezzahra errabahf at yahoo.fr
Thu Jul 7 20:51:03 CEST 2011

hello
Does anybody knows why The N and C termini of peptides can be neutralized before running simulation of peptides  ?? i read this some where in a research paper , they dont say why but they do that using acetyl amine groops. Probably to evoid the repulsive interactions between the end of the peptides , please correct if i am wrong as my chemistry is not good, my one trimer is  made of 3 peptides that ends with GLU LEU LEU and the other trimer ends with is LEU GLU LEU , should i worry about neutralizing the c and N termini

 Also what the important of running 20 simulations  of the same 6 peptides ???. is that to compare the 20 simulation results and see which give better simulation sorry if my question are something i should know. i am trying to find how to get six peptides to self assemble to a hexamer  . i will really appreciate your answers.

Thank you

fatima ezzahra