[gmx-users] Installation of gromacs-gpu on windows

Szilárd Páll szilard.pall at cbr.su.se
Thu Jul 7 22:52:32 CEST 2011

Well, unfortunately I don't know of any step-by-step tutorial, but
from what I remember the workflow is pretty straightforward and looks
something like this:

- Download dependencies, there is precompiled OpenMM and FFTW for Windows.
- Run CMake, you'll have to set up the library dependencies manually,
at least that's what I did; use the Visual Studio generator which
should give you project files/solutions/whatever they're called.
- Open the project in VS and compile; after this step you should have
a working mdru-gpu. You can go back to cygwin and run it from there
(note that you might have to juggle around with libraries and
LD_LIBRARY_PATh in cygwin).

As I did this >1 year ago the above might not be accurate and slight
details might be missing. Let me know if you succeed.

Cheers,
--
Szilárd