[gmx-users] Re: Hexamer problem/ The N and C termini of peptides

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Jul 7 23:03:47 CEST 2011

errabah fatima ezzahra wrote:
> Thank you so much for your help , my pdb file says that gen_seed =
> 473529 so i will change it to different numbers , but i saw online that

Your .mdp file, you mean?

> some gen_seed = -1 and that to generate random seed is that correct ??

Yes, with -1 you will get a random number based on the process ID.

> also please  how i can control the starting initial states so that i can
> have starting from more one initial states??  tried looking it up on
> line but did not find that much information.

If you generate different velocities, then that is a different state.  If you
want to control what the velocities are (to some degree), then set gen_seed
explicitly.  If you want to start from a different configuration, build a new
starting structure.

-Justin