[gmx-users] maintained an Hbond using a distance restraint

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Jul 14 03:53:50 CEST 2011

Itamar Kass wrote:
> Hi Justin,
>
> Thanks for the quick replay. Regrading Q.1 that was my idea, just wanted
> to be sure. Regarding Q.2, I think a more relevant phrase would be, how
> big a force I can use without cancel the "validity' of my simulations?

I still can't say whether there is a direct answer to this, but a systematic
comparison of different conditions (no restraint, a few kJ/mol on the order of
typical H-bond strength, a constant that is somewhat larger, etc) can be useful
for interpretation.  A restraint like this is a bias in the simulation; what you
may need to consider is whether or not the bias is so large that it could never
represent reality.

> In addition, just to make it clear for myself, when I use 2 for type',
> is this mean there is no time averaging? If so, is there any meaning for
> disre_tau>

That's my understanding, per the documentation.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar