[gmx-users] regarding simulation of peptide and protein complex

Javier Cerezo jcb1 at um.es
Thu Jul 14 09:22:16 CEST 2011

Hi Rashi

To me, it seems more reasonable to use "pdb2gmx" for every molecule that
is supported by this utility (i.e. included in a rtp file) as it will be
more likely to be FF-compliant (at least for the default rtp files) and
thus compatible with your protein. PRODRG is, used with some cautions, a
very nice tool for kind of non-standard ligands (as drugs) not included
is such databases, but just for them.

If the starting PDB structure of your peptide is OK you would be able to
run "pdb2gmx" properly. Just try it and see

Javier