[gmx-users] Replicate Triclinic Bilayer

Max Watson maxxcw at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 22:21:03 CEST 2011

I would like to replicate the tilted DPPC gel phase from Marrink's website
laterally, so that I have 4 times the area. But since the coupling is
anisotropic, there are 9 box dimensions, and the triclinic geometry confuses
me.

I have seen that you can use editconf and -translate, followed by merging
the .gro files when using orthogonal box lengths Lx, Ly Lz. But what are the
new dimensions of my replicated triclinic system?

Also, if anyone can tell me about a good website or book that describes
triclinic geometry using lots of pictures, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Max