[gmx-users] angle between two domains connected at a hinge

maria goranovic mariagoranovic at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 15:37:58 CEST 2011

There must be several tools to calculate the angle between two domains
connected at a hinge. I was wondering if someone has suggestions on any
tools, or whether it is possible to do this using a vmd plugin directly for
a trajectory? IN my case, I have a reasonable good idea where the hinge is.
I was wondering if the angle between the principal axes of the domains would
be good enough? For example, if the domains were two discs attached to a
common hinge, how can I find the vector from the hinge in the direction of
each disc?

--
Maria G.
Technical University of Denmark