[gmx-users] Reorder of residues and atoms

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Jul 16 03:11:48 CEST 2011

xiaowu759 wrote:
> Dear gmxers,
> While performing EM using GMX, I find in the resullting gro file,
> residues and atoms are reordered. Do this affect the simulation? Please
> give me some hints. Thanks a lot!
> Before EM,gro file:
> 1  HmP   ......
> 2  HmP   ......
> 20 MmP .......
> 21 MmP ......
>
> After EM, gro file:
> 20 Mmp ......
> 21 Mmp .....
> 1 HmP .....
> 2 HmP .......

The order of the output is based on the order of the input molecules listed in
the [molecules] directive of the .top.  If you received warnings from grompp
that there were mismatching names in the topology, then the wrong parameters may
have been applied to the molecules in your system.  The order of the [molecules]
directive must match that of the coordinate file.

-Justin

> /Department of Chemistry and Materials Science///
> /Hunan University of Humanities, Science and Technology, /
> /Loudi 417000, the People's Republic of China (P.R. China)/

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar
MILES-IGERT Trainee