[gmx-users] Conversion of the GLYCAM dihedral parameters in the GROMACS format.

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Wed Jul 20 17:30:58 CEST 2011

On 20/07/2011 7:33 PM, sa wrote:
> Thank you Austin, for the clarification,
>
> So my questions are: how to convert it in the gromacs format ? Is it
> correct to use the absolute value of the multiplicity in my parameters
> and use the negative values of barrier heights when they are exist in
> the AMBER parameters? Since, I have noticed that in the AMBER ff port
> in GROMACS, the multiplicity values are always set to > 0 and  the
> barrier heights have sometime a negative value.

You want to implement the same mathematical function in each case. Take
the GLYCAM parameters, drop them into the correct function. Then consult
chapters 4 and 5 of the GROMACS manual and see what will be necessary to
reproduce that function. Then test on a tiny system that you can also
compute by hand to confirm your understanding.

Mark