[gmx-users] query on Free energy perturbation

Sanku M msanku65 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 30 20:29:24 CEST 2011

Hi,
  I was planning to use Thermodynamic integration to calculate solvation free
energy of a molecule in a solvent. I was following Justin Lemkul's online
tutorial.
http://www.bevanlab.biochem.vt.edu/Pages/Personal/justin/gmx-tutorials/free_energy/01_theory.html

. I found that
   a) a sd integrator is used in stead of usual md integrator ( Leap-Frog
integrator). I was wondering whether is it a specific recommendation for
thermodynamic integration to use stochastic integrator ?
  b) I also found  DispCorr                  = EnerPres was also used to Apply
long range dispersion corrections for Energy and Pressure . Is it also a
recommendation to use with thermodyanmic integration technique ?
Thanks
Jagannath