[gmx-users] Switching from v4.0.7 to v 4.5.3 - being able to get the correct terms from a edr file when continuing a simulation

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Jun 2 20:45:51 CEST 2011

Anna Duncan wrote:

> Hi Justin,
>
> Thanks for your speedy response.  I've set off the simulation with the
> checkpoint file rather than the trajectory and energy files and that
> seems to be going fine now.
>
> v4.5.3 g_energy showed the .edr file from the backbone-restrained run to
> have no Xi-0-Protein term present, although the .edr file from the
> equilibration run has a term called 'Xi-Protein'

It looks like there may be a bug in the code, related to the nhchainlength
parameter.  The energy term names are now prefixed not by "Xi-" but "Xi-(chain
index)," for which the only value can be zero, as I understand the code in its
present form.

I'll look into this a bit more and file a bug report, if necessary.

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar
MILES-IGERT Trainee