[gmx-users] Re: distance/direction PMF

Gavin Melaugh gmelaugh01 at qub.ac.uk
Wed Jun 8 15:18:59 CEST 2011

Hi Justin

Many thanks for the reply I know technically I am doing two different
things. However due to my starting conifgurations in both cases I would
expect similar results.
Could you confirm the following points

1) In pull_geometry=distance, and pull_dim =YYY; is the absolute
distance between the COM of both groups in all directions considered ?

2) In pull_geometry = direction, with a specified vector; I assume that
it is the distance between the two groups along this vector that is
considered?

3) Is the specified vector taken to be the vector connecting the two
points? Therefore are the desired distances in the mdp files essentially
the magnitudes of this vector at each window.

Cheers

Gavin