[gmx-users] Re: distance/direction PMF

Gavin Melaugh gmelaugh01 at qub.ac.uk
Wed Jun 8 17:12:59 CEST 2011

Justin

I did a short test on a particular window with the specified vector with
pull_init =0.78nm. I then grompp(ed) the final configuration and it gave
me a distance of 0.78 as the initial ditsance, fair enough. However when
I viewed the final line from g_dist the absolute distance or modulus was
0.815 nm, which agreed with the distance I calculated using a molecular
configuration editor. My question is therefore this, when using
pull_geometry =direction with a specified vector, How should one
interpret the initial distance provided by grompp? and how does Gromacs
deal with the fact that the vector between the two point changes during
the run ?

Cheers

Gavin