[gmx-users] Calculation of unsaturated deuterium order parameters for POPC

Thomas Piggot t.piggot at soton.ac.uk
Thu Jun 9 12:36:31 CEST 2011

Hi Igor,

Thanks for the reply but I think you slightly missed the point I was
trying to make. I followed the approach you mention for the double bond
and (with the two force fields I tried) got the values I discussed in my
last email, which when compared to the published values seem to be
incorrect.

Just to confirm, my index file (for the unsaturated calculation)
contains (below is just pasted from make_ndx):

For CHARMM36:

   0 C28                 :    72 atoms
   1 C29                 :    72 atoms
   2 C210                :    72 atoms
   3 C211                :    72 atoms

and for GROMOS53A6L:

   0 C1H                 :   128 atoms
   1 C1I                 :   128 atoms
   2 C1J                 :   128 atoms
   3 C1K                 :   128 atoms

My command for g_order (this is just for CHARMM36 but I use the same
command for GROMOS53A6L on different files) is:

g_order_4.5.4 -s for-md-popc-charmm36.tpr -f md-popc-charmm36.xtc -n
chain2_unsat.ndx -od deut_chain2_unsat.xvg -unsat

If anyone can see what might be going wrong then any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Tom