[gmx-users] cyclic peptide on GROMACS compatoble with Charmm (all-atom) force field

udaya kiran marelli kiran.udaya at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 17:13:54 CEST 2011

 Dear GROMACS users,

I am trying to construct a cyclic hexa peptide containing all Ala residues.
 During pdb2gmx conversion using the command    (pdb2gmx -ff charmm27 -ignh
-f TESTALA.pdb -o TESTALA.gro -ter)  it gave the following error while I am
demanding the program to give uncharged termini (option :  None)

WARNING: atom HN is missing in residue ALA 1 in the pdb file
        You might need to add atom HN to the hydrogen database of residue
ALA
        in the file ff???.hdb (see the manual)

Program pdb2gmx, VERSION 4.0.5
Source code file: pdb2top.c, line: 704

Fatal error:
There were 1 missing atoms in molecule Protein, if you want to use this
incomplete topology anyhow, use the option -missing

In the .hdb file the atom HN is defined already.  The error is that it is
removing the #HN# atom from the Ala 1 residue at the cyclization point.

Could you suggest me in getting rid off the problem.

yours sincerely
Uday.

Marelli Udaya Kiran
C/o.  Professor Dr. Horst Kessler