[gmx-users] gmx4.5.4 genion problem: No line with moleculetype 'SOL' found

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Fri Jun 17 22:04:54 CEST 2011

For the quick fix:

1. run genion on your topology that does work. Look at this to see the
format of the ion atom and residue names

2. Pick a few waters in the structure containing the ligand and
replace the OW by the ion and remove the hydrogens, then fix the
number of atoms on the second line of the file and run editconf on the
file.

** But I wouldn't be satisfied with that if I were you. there is some
problem here that you should uncover now before you move farther.

Show us your commands exactly (copy and paste) and perhaps we can help more.

As a side note: your topology that you presented  is going to cause
you problems if you try to put position restraints on the water, as it
is incorrectly ordered:

  ; Include water topology
  #include "gromos43a1.ff/spc.itp"

  ; Include ligand topoloty
  #include "drg.itp"
  #ifdef POSRES_WATER
  ; Position restraint for each water oxygen
  [ position_restraints ]
  ;  i funct       fcx        fcy        fcz
     1    1       1000       1000       1000
  #endif