[gmx-users] gmx4.5.4 genion problem: No line with moleculetype 'SOL' found

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Jun 18 00:14:01 CEST 2011

Ye Yang wrote:
> Thank you for your suggestions.
> I have checked the topology file with vim, and it looks pefectly, also,
> the only problem happens when I use genion. One thing that might be
> possible is that I use the double precision version of gromacs, because
> when I solve it in water, the written of topology file looks weired(like
> I showed).

Well, if you try again with single precision and things work normally, please
file a bug report.  Otherwise, it's just speculation that I doubt would be
necessarily associated with precision.  Topology I/O should not be affected.

> What do you mean by work-around? You mean just manually change some
> water molecules in topology file and coordinate file into ions? Will the
> program recognize something like CL, NA? Or can I just add ions to the
> system and solve it in water?

You can still use genion, just don't have it update your .top file for you.  I
suppose you could pick through your coordinate file, delete some waters, and
place ions manually, but there's no problem with genion actually carrying out
this operation.  Just omit the topology update and do it yourself.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar