[gmx-users] cross correlations

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 12:27:53 CEST 2011

Hey,

The method from Lange is quite a different thing. It includes
non-linear correlations, which is interesting to look at for overall
correlation between atoms. If the ultimate goal is to do PCA on it,
then it will give you awkward components that will give you a hard
time trying to interpret.

There is another way, besides using an external tool. Extract the
diagonal elements and take the square root of each. Then for each
element [i,j] in the matrix, divide by the elements i and j of these
square roots, and you'll have yourself a correlation matrix.

Hope it helps,

Tsjerk