[gmx-users] g_covar : segmentation fault

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Jun 27 18:54:00 CEST 2011

Poojari, Chetan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am doing Dihedral PCA and followed the steps as mentioned in the Gromacs documentation http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/How-tos/Dihedral_PCA
>
> Below are the commands i used:
>
> 1) I generated index file for chosen dihedral angles.
>
> 2)  g_angle -f 100ns_noPBC.xtc -n dangle.ndx -or dangle.trr -type dihedral
>
> 3) trjconv -s md_100ns.tpr -f dangle.trr -o resized.gro -n covar.ndx -e 0
>
> 4) g_covar -f dangle.trr -n covar.ndx -ascii -xpm -nofit -nomwa -noref -nopbc -s resized.gro
>

> While running the command in step 4, it runs for sometime and then i get segmentation fault. I was doing these in Gromacs 4.5.4 package.
>

> When i switched to Gromacs 4.0.7 package and repeated the steps, i ran successfully without any errors.
>
> Please can I know what changes can be done to the commands I have used so that i can get it running with Gromacs 4.5.4 package as well.

Typically, when an old version works and the new version is broken, a bug is at
fault.  If you consistently observe this behavior with other systems or smaller
systems (to rule out simply running out of memory, etc), then please file a bug
report on redmine.gromacs.org with all necessary input files to reproduce the
problem.

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar