[gmx-users] gromacs 2.1

Bogdan Costescu bcostescu at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 16:10:14 CEST 2011

On Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 14:09,  <chris.neale at utoronto.ca> wrote:
> /bin/sh: line 0: cd: include: No such file or directory

There's a mistake in the Makefile: include is one level higher, but is
treated as if it would be in the current level and a "cd .." is done
afterwards. You can move include into src, or just add a link to it:

cd src
ln -s ../include .

> dlist.c:197:1: error: pasting "." and "H" does not give a valid
> preprocessing token

A similar error appears for me also for src/kernel/tpbcmp.c. In both
cases, look up the corresponding lines and remove the
pasting/concatenation operator "##" as gcc seems to be smart and do
what it's supposed to do even without it. F.e. the offending line in
src/tools/dlist.c should look like:

#define BBB(x) (dl->atm.x != -1)

This is supported by several posts on the 'net, f.e.:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.c.moderated/browse_thread/thread/33e7f5f44f25ca81

My tests were done on Fedora 14 with gcc (GCC) 4.5.1 20100924 (Red Hat 4.5.1-4).

Good luck!
Bogdan