[gmx-users] converting psf file to gromacs .itp file

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Jun 29 05:30:46 CEST 2011

bharat gupta wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any way to convert NAMD generated psf file to GROMACS .itp file
> as I have generated the parameters for my compound using NAMD..

Both are just text files; use your favorite scripting language to convert
between the two.  There is a program called top2psf.pl that is available from
the User Contributions page on the Gromacs site that does the opposite (.itp to
.psf) that you may be able to reverse engineer for your purpose.

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar
MILES-IGERT Trainee