[gmx-users] .tdr file not created

Mark Abraham mark.abraham at anu.edu.au
Tue Mar 1 12:12:05 CET 2011

On 03/01/11, sakthi kumaran  <persakthi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry for making my statement unclear.
>

> I copied the tutor folder to desktop and tried to run it from there. But when I entered the grompp -v command as mentioned in the manual, the .tdr file is not getting created. So without the .tdr files the successive commands are not working.

GROMACS uses a **.tpr** file format. You need to get your terminology right, or things will be even more frustrating for you...

What *did* happen when you tried to run grompp? Copy and paste something relevant from your terminal window. Please go and read http://www.gromacs.org/Support like I suggested last time.

> So is the problem is because I have installed through synaptics package manager in ubuntu 10.10 and not through the procedure or due to some other reasons.
>

> Is there any need for reinstalling the software.

We can't possibly tell, because you haven't given us any basis to assess what the problem might be. We also don't have the time to ask a hundred questions like a doctor might :-)