[gmx-users] calcium diffuses away from the protein during MD

XAvier Periole x.periole at rug.nl
Fri Mar 4 08:49:12 CET 2011

It is unfortunately often that cations on their binding sites in proteins are not stable. Either the site reorganize or the ion leaves.

The problem is that ions parameters and especially double charged ones are difficult to parameterize.

It is often that people use additional restrains (harmonic bonds, weak compared to regular ones) to maintain the ion bound.

XAvier