[gmx-users] RE: g_energy inconsistent results

Per Larsson per.larsson at sbc.su.se
Thu Mar 10 14:55:35 CET 2011

Hi!

When you are computing your zero-step energies, do you then start from the gro-file that you got from em? If so, maybe the energies changes because gro-files have a fixed precision format (with three decimals), while the em-calculations are done using either full single or double precision.

Your second issue is almost certainly related to rounding errors. The all-vs-all and the cutoff-code (even with enormous cut-offs) compute interactions in completely order. I would not worry about a 0.005 nm difference in RMSD.

/Per