[gmx-users] Zero Potential of Mean Force with g_wham

Jochen Hub jochen at xray.bmc.uu.se
Tue Mar 15 23:31:50 CET 2011

Hi,

please use g_wham 4.5.2 or later. We largely updated g_wham recently. If
you get a flat PMF, check the warnings that g_wham gives you and --very
important-- look at the histograms. That usually gives you a clue where
the histograms to not overlap.

In case you find a bug, please let me know. Otherwise, I have computed
hundreds of PMFs with g_wham and it always worked fine.

Cheers,

Jochen

On 3/9/11 Mar 9,11:08 PM, chris.neale at utoronto.ca wrote:
> g_wham is not the only version of wham. Try using alan grossfield's
> version. Too often, I am afraid, gromacs accessory programs get broken
> in an update (not sure what the general solution is here beyond
> renewed calls for a proper test suite. Perhaps having 20+ programs is
> not ideal for a single software suite where the real focus is only on
> mdrun and grompp?)
>
> Chris.

Dr. Jochen Hub
Computational and Systems Biology
Dept. of Cell&  Molecular Biology
Uppsala University. Box 596, 75124 Uppsala, Sweden.
Phone: +46-18-4715056 Fax: +46-18-511755
http://xray.bmc.uu.se/~jochen/index.html