[gmx-users] Annealing of shell polarizable water model

Ivan Gladich ivan.gladich at marge.uochb.cas.cz
Wed Mar 23 09:16:12 CET 2011

Dear Justin,
Dear all
          you guessed right.
I am now using a v-rescale thermostate
and it works fine and it also runs in parallel.
Here below the changed part in my grompp with the v-rescale thermostate.

Thanks a lot
Ivan

###################################
;OPTIONS FOR ANNELING
annealing = single
annealing_npoints = 2
annealing_time = 0 1000
annealing_temp = 0 160

; OPTIONS FOR WEAK COUPLING ALGORITHMS
; Temperature coupling
Tcoupl                   = v-rescale ;Nose-hoover
; Groups to couple separately
tc-grps                  = System
; Time constant (ps) and reference temperature (K)
tau_t                    = 0.1
ref_t                    = 160.00
######################################

On 03/22/2011 01:09 PM, Justin A. Lemkul wrote:

> Ivan Gladich wrote:
>> Dear David
>> Dear all
>> I did the serial run with the same topology and grompp: even if the
>> simulation time is still short (due by the serial run), the
>> temperature profiles are the same (see attached file).
>>
>> As further check, I removed the annealing and the temperature rises
>> to 160 K after ~0.5ps without problem.
>> So I do not think that it is a problem of the shell polarizability
>> with the running in parallel.
>> Could be a problem of the shell polarizability with annealing?
>>

> You could test that relatively easily with a simple box of water.  The
> result would be useful.
>
> Other than that, maybe the thermostat itself is causing the problem?
> I always do annealing with a weak coupling method, not Nose-Hoover.
> I've had stability problems with unequilibrated systems with N-H.  In
> principle, it shouldn't matter, but setting tcoupl to Berendsen and/or
> V-rescale would be another very useful diagnostic.
>
> -Justin
>
>> Thanks again
>> Ivan
>>

>> On 03/22/2011 10:45 AM, Ivan Gladich wrote:
>>> Yes, I am running in parallel...
>>> Now I will try to run in serial to see if the problem persist....
>>> Thanks
>>> Ivan

------
Ivan Gladich, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Fellow
Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic
Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry AS CR, v.v.i.
Flemingovo nám. 2.
166 10 Praha 6
Czech Republic

Tel: +420775504164