[gmx-users] Strange behavior from g_sas

Terry terrencesun at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 12:21:01 CEST 2011

Hi Mark,

The output is like this:

WARNING: masses and atomic (Van der Waals) radii will be determined
         based on residue and atom names. These numbers can deviate
         from the correct mass and radius of the atom type.

2565 out of 4931 atoms were classified as hydrophobic

Back Off! I just backed up sas/4.area.xvg to sas/#4.area.xvg.1#

Back Off! I just backed up sas/4.volume.xvg to sas/#4.volume.xvg.1#
There were 372 inconsistent shifts. Check your topology
There were 372 inconsistent shifts. Check your topology
Segmentation fault

I have a periodic molecule, so there are many "inconsistent shifts" lines
which I ignored before.

I still don't understand why g_sas can work with the first three trjs but
the last one in the same for loop.

Terry