[gmx-users] Umbrella Sampling

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Thu Mar 31 18:36:12 CEST 2011

looks fine to me, no need to do that extra sampling that I suggested
since it appears that you already did this -- benefits of seeing real
data ;). If you want to understand why your histograms are not always
centered at r0 (note that this is just fine) then you should read more
about US, WHAM, and how to bias/debias the data for US (I am sure that
there are textbooks around that explain this). The only case in which
all of your histograms will be centered at their respective r0 is when
the underlying PMF is exactly flat.

Chris.