[gmx-users] virtual sites set up for topology file

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri May 6 15:28:13 CEST 2011

Mark Abraham wrote:
> On 6/05/2011 10:39 PM, Gavin Melaugh wrote:
>> Hi Mark
>>
>> Cheers.Could you perhaps shed some insight into format of
>> [virtual_siten] when trying to define the VS at the COG of three atoms.
>> It is not obvious from the manual
>
> Indeed, it's undocumented - but I think Sikander's experience from my
> discussion in this thread earlier this month
> http://lists.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-users/2011-May/060994.html should
> point the way for you.

I've filed a redmine issue for this (http://redmine.gromacs.org/issues/748); it
looks like the organization of [virtual_sitesn] is different from the other
[virtual_sites*] directives in terms of the contents.  I think this is why there
was a "type 7" being detected before.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate