[gmx-users] index file

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu May 12 20:41:36 CEST 2011

ahmet yıldırım wrote:
> Dear users,
>
> Firstly thanks for your replies. I have two ligands as I said before.
> I will analyze the system together ligands after the simulation is finished.
> For example:
> I want to plot potential energy of all system (that is,
> protein+LİGA+LİGB) by g_energy.

This is not your whole system.  Per the snippets below, you have water and ions,
as well.  You cannot decompose the potential in this way.

> Then,
> Should I create the groups as the following?
>
> *energygrps      = Protein    LİGA_LİGB*
> tc-grps         = Protein_LİGA_LİGB    Water_and_ions

This will break down short-range nonbonded interactions (and nothing else!)
between protein, LIGA_LIGB, and the rest of the system.

> OR
>
> *energygrps      = Protein    LİGA    LİGB*
> tc-grps         = Protein_LİGA_LİGB    Water_and_ions

This will give you a decomposition between protein, LIGA, LIGB, and the rest of
the system.  Choose whichever is most appropriate for you.

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar
MILES-IGERT Trainee