[gmx-users] -ci option

Peter C. Lai pcl at uab.edu
Mon May 23 17:47:50 CEST 2011

On 2011-05-23 10:43:49AM -0500, shivangi nangia wrote:
> Dear gmx users,
>
> I want to insert few ions in my system randomly.
>
> -ci option does that, but I want various "different" random configurations of the ions in my system.
>
> Using -ci option does randomly place ions but at the same coordinates each time.
>
> Is there a way to randomly generate various configurations of ions each time on using -ci?
>

> Thanks,
> SN

Try using genion instead?
It allows for -seed to specify random factor.

Peter C. Lai                 | University of Alabama-Birmingham
Programmer/Analyst           | BEC 257
Genetics, Div. of Research   | 1150 10th Avenue South
pcl at uab.edu                  | Birmingham AL 35294-4461
(205) 690-0808               |