[gmx-users] Domain Motion => How do get the rotational axis from eigenvectors ?

Chih-Ying Lin chihying2008 at gmail.com
Sat May 28 06:03:40 CEST 2011

Hi
I want to get the rotational axis about the protein domain motion.
*From the DynDom website => "DynDom* is a program to determine domains,
hinge axes and hinge bending residues in proteins where two conformations
are available."

Questions:
1. Do the hinge axes represent the rotational axis about the protein domain
motion ?
2. From its User created database, domains and hinge bending residues,
rotation angles and translation are created.
    => The rotation angles must be defined as the angle of rotation between
two domains based on the hinge axes, right ?
    => The vector of the hinge axes is not given by DynDom website, or I did
not find it ???
    => Hinge axes could be obtained from hinge bending axes residues, right
????  If so, How ????
    => How can I get the vector of the hinge axes with the results from
DynDom ???
    => I found some papers drawing the hinge axes, can Gromacs help me find
and draw the hinge axes ????
    => From User created database in the DynDom website, it is showing
"Sequence". What does sequence represent ???
3. Should I install the program of DynDom and then g_dyndom can be
functioned ???
    (we need to install DSSP before using do_dssp)
4. From Gromacs manual => "The purpose of this program (g_dyndom) is to
interpolate and extrapolate the rotation as found by DynDom."
   What does it mean "to interpolate and extrapolate the rotation as found
by DynDom" ?

Thank you
Lin

Message: 1