[gmx-users] GridMatMD and CGMD

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon May 30 13:10:31 CEST 2011

Anirban Ghosh wrote:
> Hi ALL,
>
> I have simulated a CGMD system consisting of multiple copies of a CG
> protein in a CG lipid bilayer using the MARTINI FF for the CG
> definitions. Can I use GridMatMD program to calculate the area per lipid
> and other properties in this CG system? Which parameters do I need to
> alter in the input file for GridMatMD in order to properly recognize the
> CG lipids?

CG lipids should work like any other - specify their name in the input file, and
the atom name that should be used as a reference point.  We have never tested
GridMAT-MD with a CG membrane, but it should work the same way as an atomistic
membrane.  Please let me know if you encounter any problems.

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar
MILES-IGERT Trainee