[gmx-users] CygWin and Gromacs 4.5.5

Szilárd Páll szilard.pall at cbr.su.se
Tue Nov 8 13:35:15 CET 2011

Hi,

There have been quite some discussion on the topic of GROMACS on
Cygwin so please search the mailing list for information.

Some of that information might have not gone into the wiki
(http://goo.gl/ALQuC) - especially that the page appears to be intact
for the last 7 months. [Which is a pity and it would be really much
appreciated if people in the future contribute back!!!]

Additionally, AFAIK you will get better performance if you compile
with MSVC which should be fairly easy if you use CMake - I'm not
entirely sure about this
though.
Cheers,
--