[gmx-users] Parametrisation of the heteroatomic pdb

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Thu Nov 10 09:20:44 CET 2011

On 10/11/2011 7:05 PM, James Starlight wrote:
> Justin,
>

> I've also look for the cap editing in the pymol but it seems that that
> function lacks in that program
>
> By the way, what are specificity of such Cap groups ? Do they are only
> sheld charges on the termi or have something addition function?

They can. The purpose of a simulation is to provide a model of reality.
How one would wish to cap a peptide depends what is being modelled under
what conditions with what objectives in mind.

> What difference beetwen different caps I cant understand why in my
> structure there are so non-standart groups.

Shrug. We don't even know what they are... Wherever you sourced your
starting structure should discuss how and why the termini have such caps.

Mark