[gmx-users] Parametrisation of the heteroatomic pdb

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Thu Nov 10 17:14:38 CET 2011

On 11/11/2011 3:01 AM, James Starlight wrote:
> Mark,
>
> I've mistaken
>
> I need to invert impropers for DIHEDRAL for Calpha atom. By this way I
> want to change L form to D form for Gromos ff. Does this correct ?
>
>  [ dihedrals ]
> ;  ai    aj    ak    al   gromos type
>   -CA    -C     N    CA     gd_14
>    -C     N    CA     C     gd_39
>     N    CA    CB    CG     gd_34
>     N    CA     C    +N     gd_40
>    CA    CB    CG   CD1     gd_34

I've no idea what any of the above was intended to mean. I'll repeat
myself again, there's nothing about the improper dihedrals that enforces
a particular chirality. Proper dihedrals also don't care about
chirality. Chirality is set in the starting configuration, and merely
preserved by the force field.

> So I think that I need to make corrections in that gd_n  files. But in
> what exactly and where in manual could I read about that parametrisation ?

See the #defines in ffbonded.itp. The implementation of the GROMOS force
fields are a bit idiosyncratic this way.

Mark