[gmx-users] Simulation of membrane protein

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Nov 11 19:47:13 CET 2011

James Starlight wrote:
> Justin,
>

> 2011/11/11 Justin A. Lemkul <jalemkul at vt.edu <mailto:jalemkul at vt.edu>>
>

>     If the bilayer is splitting across periodic boundaries (I'm assuming
>     that's what you mean by "pb"), then it's more likely that you placed
>     the components of your system in an inconvenient way than it is that
>     something is actually wrong.
>

> Bilayer has moved on Z-dimension in periodic box.  That is actually
> what's  happend :)
> http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc394/own11/vmdscene.gif

How large of a void exists between your lipids and water prior to starting the
simulation?  I'm almost certain that you built the unit cell incorrectly - there
should never be that much free space.

> By the way I'ts intresting that Gmembed has removed 6 lipids in
> comparison to the inflateglo ( althought I've done all things in
> accordance to the KALP tutorial because my protein is the same).

Different algorithms, different results.  Nothing odd about that to me.

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar
MILES-IGERT Trainee