[gmx-users] about tabulated potentials

Sikandar Mashayak symashayak at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 04:28:12 CET 2011

>From your system information, I understand that you need to specify
tabulated potentials between atoms P and P, and between atoms C and P, and
so on.

To achieve this, you need to create energy groups with atom types P and C,
and specify energygrp_table options in the grompp such as following

energygrps = P C ; (and rest of the groups in your system, you will need to
specify index file containing energy groups )
energygrp_table = P P P C

so now mdrun looks for table_P_P.xvg and table_P_C.xvg in the run
directory, and uses it for P-P and P-C interactions, whereas for all other
interactions default table.xvg file is used.

I hope this helps.

Regards
Sikandar