[gmx-users] pull parameters

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Nov 19 19:40:44 CET 2011

ibi2010004 at iiita.ac.in wrote:
> Hello gmx_users,
>
> I want to pull ligand out of binding pocket of protein using a spring of
> some force constant which i will vary with each simulation and with
> varying pulling velocity.
>
> F=K(xspring - x ligand) using this equation.Now I am stucked up how to
> decide initial position of ligand and spring i.e.afm_init1 and afm_vec.
>
> Please guide me in this section.

I would suggest you upgrade to a more recent version of Gromacs and make use of
the tutorial material available on the website.  Rather than use a Gromacs
version from 5-6 years ago, a modern version (4.5.5) will give you better
performance, newer features, greater stability, and significantly faster
simulations.

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar