[gmx-users] Reproducable MD runs on two PCs

Igor Druz idruz512 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 09:31:36 CET 2011

I recompiled gromacs, lam, fftw3 on both PCs with the same version of intel
compilers (before they were different, v. 10 & 12), set gen_vel=no
and optimize_fft=no.

With these changes I am getting agreement between two PCs within ~5% (was
~20% before). Ignore the nsteps value from the pasted mdp file. The actual
run with ~20% difference was for the 30 ns run. I will test longer runs.

Is there anything else to consider for better reproducability on two PCs?
Hardware is the same, but OSes are RedHat and OpenSuse.