[gmx-users] diffusion of the water at the micelle surface

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Sat Nov 26 16:17:10 CET 2011

When people do this for lipid bilayers, they compute depth-dependent
diffusion profiles (often diffusion is computed separately for lateral
diffusion and diffusion along the bilayer normal). Sounds like you
might do something similar. I doubt that the standard gromacs tools
will do this for you. If you don't hear from anybody about how to do
this, then I'd suggest that you simply use g_dist to get the
time-dependent distance for each water molecule and then use g_traj to
output the coordinates of each water molecule and then script it
yourself after reading one of the papers where people compute
depth-dependent diffusion profiles for a lipid bilayer.

Chris.