[gmx-users] to gro or not to gro

David van der Spoel spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se
Sun Nov 27 12:56:49 CET 2011

> Back to square one! The point you are missing is that 4.172 A is not
> equal to 0.417 nm and  pdb2gmx does it without any warning.

You have a point. It is not possible to change the file formats without
creating great havoc as I'm sure you understand, but a warning that
precision is lost in pdb2gmx, editconf, trjconv is a good idea. We
should not make *any* presumptions about what the user wants to do
(although it is hard).

I've created redmine issue 846 to remind us of this problem.

http://redmine.gromacs.org/issues/846

Box 596, 75124 Uppsala, Sweden. Phone:	+46184714205.