[gmx-users] RMSF calculations

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 13:30:03 CEST 2011

Hi Gurunath,

Each structure in the NMR ensemble is a fit to the experimental data.
Unlike an MD trajectory, you can not assume that the set of structures
is a proper sample from the Boltzmann distribution, and therefore, the
RMSF can not be expected to correspond to the RMSF of the system. Now,
on a more qualitative level, it is likely that the parts that are less
defined in the NMR ensemble will also have larger RMSFs than the rest,
and could do for a rough comparison.

Hope it helps,

Tsjerk