[gmx-users] Normal Mode Analysis

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Sun Oct 16 01:30:59 CEST 2011

On 16/10/2011 4:31 AM, James Starlight wrote:
> Thanks
> It's  works fine but I'venot find significant increasing in the
> simulation speed :)

If you've configured with threads, then executing mdrun will spawn as
many threads as you have physical cores. This will speed up the
calculation so long as it runs for more than a few seconds.

> but I'd also to test MPI. Could you tell me what exactly ( MPI or
> threading) might provide better productivity in case of big
> heterogenious system ( e.g protein in membrane )?

It depends. MPI is required if your processors are not on the same piece
of silicon, and is almost as good as threading if they are. Threading
works if they are.

Mark