[gmx-users] Re: Re: Reference structure for g_covar

vivek modi modi.vivek2009 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 17:07:10 CEST 2011

Hi Tsjerk,

Thanks a lot for your reply.
But now I will ask a very naive  question.

My study involves understanding the dynamics of a group of closely related
proteins. All of them are simulated for a period of 100ns each.
I have also analyzed the RMSD using g_rms for all of them and it  becomes
very stable after 20-30ns for all the proteins.
But when I do PCA I see high cosines (~0.8) for the first PC. For all the
other PCs the cosine content is very low.

The question is  that is it appropriate to ignore the first PC and make
inference about the motion of the protein by using other PCs ?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

-Vivek Modi