[gmx-users] Re: Preparation of the pure lipid system with charmm force field

James Starlight jmsstarlight at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 08:41:15 CEST 2011

I've also tried to make topology for my system parametriesed for charmm36 ff
by hands but failed too :(

This is my topology for the POPC bilayer wich I've made in VMD membrane
builder as well as downloaded a pre built membrane system ( I've tested for
both cases)

; Include chain topologies
#include "charmm36.ff/forcefield.itp"

; Include lipids
#include "charmm36.ff/lipids.rtp"

; Include water topology
#include "/charmm36.ff/tip3p.itp"

; Include ion topologies
#include "charmm36.ff/ions.itp"

; System specifications
[ system ]
128-Lipid POPC Bilayer in water

[ molecules ]
POPC 72

When I've loaded my molecule to grompp I've obtained error

Program grompp, VERSION 4.5.4
Source code file: /tmp/gromacs-4.5.4/src/kernel/toppush.c, line: 770

Fatal error:
Unknown bond_atomtype 1

What does it means? Is here anybody who also tried to parametriesed theis
lipids by charmm ff ?

James